A new academic book edited by Istanbul Kent University Professor Dr. Ozan Örmeci and French academic and expert on Turkey Dr. Aurélien Denizeau is published by famous publisher Springer. Entitled as Turkish-French Relations: History, Present, and the Future, the book consists of 343 pages and 14 original chapters in addition to “Introduction” and “Conclusion” parts. The Foreword part of the book on the other hand is written by former Turkish Foreign Minister and Legion d’Honneur recipient Yaşar Yakış and Turkish expert on France Professor Haydar Çakmak. Here are the different parts and chapters of the book:
Turkish-French Relations: History, Present, and the Future
Preface (Ozan Örmeci & Aurélien Denizeau)
Table of Contents
Foreword by Haydar Çakmak
Foreword by Yaşar Yakış
Introduction by Aurélien Denizeau
PART I: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF TURKISH-FRENCH RELATIONS
1. Ottoman-French Relations
2. France and Turkey (1918-1939): Disillusion and Disappointment
3. Turkish-French Relations during the Second World War and the Cold War
4. Turkish-French Relations in the Post-Cold War Era
Ozan Örmeci & Eren Alper Yılmaz
PART II: ANATOMY OF TURKISH-FRENCH RELATIONS
5. Turkey-France Political and Diplomatic Relations: Contemporary Issues and Future Perspectives
6. ‘A Constant Duel between Paris and Ankara’ or the ‘Impossible Strategic Partnership’
7. Secure Cement of the Historical Amity under the Shadow of Diplomatic Tensions: Economic Relations between Turkey and France ,
Temmuz Yiğit Bezmez
8. Social and Cultural Relations between Turkey and France
Şebnem Udum & Merve Gezen
PART III: KEY ISSUES IN TURKISH-FRENCH RELATIONS
9. France Facing Turkey in Eastern Mediterranean, Middle-East, and North Africa: Hold Your Rank?
10. A Comparison of Turkish and French Approaches on Energy related Developments in the Eastern Mediterranean: Reconciliation of Interests or Continuation of Clash of Interests?
Sina Kısacık & Gamze Helvacıköylü
11. Turkey’s EU Membership Process and Its Effects on Franco-Turkish Relations
12. A Brief Analysis of Turkey-France Relations in terms of Media Diplomacy: Example of Aujourd’hui La Turquie
Gözde Kurt & Ahmet İlkay Ceyhan
13. The Impact of the Armenian Question on the French-Turkish Relations
14. Turkish-French Tensions over the Kurdish Question and the Ambitions and Status of the Kurdish Actors in Northern Syria: Stuck in a Stalemate or Destined for a Détente?
Conclusion by Ozan Örmeci
Aurélien Denizeau & Ozan Örmeci
We kindly recommend this book to all academics and researchers working on this field. We provide you some links below to be able to read some parts from the book.
In order to buy;